These instructions are for Ubuntu Linux. If you need help with another flavor of Linux, please contact us. We’ll be glad to help.
- Click on the Network Manager icon on the top-right portion of your screen.
- Point to VPN Connections, and then click Configure VPN…
- Click on the Add button
- For the Connection Type, please select Point-to-point Tunneling Protocol (PPTP).
- Click Create…
- Specify a Connection name( This can be any name)
- For the Gateway setting, use the hostname you received in your welcome email.
- Enter the User name and Password as provided in your welcome email settings. Or in the Customer Panel
- Click on the Advanced… button.
- Check MSCHAP and MSCHAPv2 and tick all the other checkboxes such as “Use Point-to-Point encryption (MPPE)“.
- Click OK and then click on Save…
- Close the Network Manager.
- Click on the Network Manager icon on the top right hand of your screen.
- Point to VPN Connections, and then click on the VPN profile that you’ve just created to start the connection process.
- During the connection process, the network icon will blink for about 10-30 seconds.
- Once you are connected to FoxyProxy VPN, you will see a “lock” on the network icon.
To confirm it’s working, visit https://getfoxyproxy.org/geoip and ensure it says a different location and IP address than you expect.
- To disconnect, click on the Network Manager icon on the top right hand of your screen. Point to VPN Connections, and then click “Disconnect VPN“