Here are instructions on how to setup FoxyDNS on iPhone/iPad in order to watch BBC iPlayer.
Please note: this only works while connected to WiFi. For use with cellular/mobile data, please contact us.
For other sites like ITV, Netflix, Sky, and Channel 4, please continue using your VPN, GeoShift, or proxy settings. You can use FoxyDNS with your your VPN, GeoShift, or proxy settings, but not while watching BBC iPlayer.
You MUST turn off your VPN, GeoShift, and proxy settings while watching BBC iplayer (THIS IS EXACTLY THE OPPOSITE OF WHAT YOU ARE USED TO DOING!) You should turn on your VPN, GeoShift, or proxy settings when you want to watch ITV, Channel 4, Sky, and others OR you need the privacy/security of a VPN or proxy server (like at public wifi).
Make sure you are not connected to VPN/proxy if you want to wantch BBC iPlayer.
1. Click the Settings icon.
2. Click on Wi-Fi network you are connected to (Note: iOS does not allow to change DNS settings for cellular connections – you must use Wi-Fi).
3. For your active Wi-Fi connection press the shown pictogram.
4. Scroll down to DNS section and click Configure DNS.
5. Select Manual, remove any DNS servers pre-configured and press Add Server.
IMPORTANT: you must remove all DNS servers first. Do not leave other DNS servers here.
6. As new DNS server enter 22.214.171.124 and press Save.
7. You are almost there. We recommend to reboot your iOS device (although it will most likely work without reboot), then make sure you are connected to the Wi-Fi network you just configured. Do not connect to FoxyProxy VPN or proxy. Open web browser and try BBC iPlayer.
Turn off FoxyDNS
If your FoxyProxy account expires, FoxyDNS will stop working for you and you won’t be able to navigate the web. You should remove FoxyDNS when that happens. Here is how.
Follow the instructions above to step 6.
Remove the FoxyDNS entry add DNS of your choice. For example, 126.96.36.199 is GoogleDNS. Other choices are 188.8.131.52 or 184.108.40.206. Or you can just remove the FoxyDNS entry and select Automatic.
Reboot your iPhone/iPad. After the reboot, FoxyDNS is deactivated.