Here are instructions on how to setup FoxyDNS on iPhone/iPad in order to watch BBC iPlayer.
Please note: this only works while connected to WiFi. For use with cellular/mobile data, please contact us.
For other sites like ITV, Netflix, Sky, and Channel 4, please continue using your VPN, GeoShift, or proxy settings. You can use FoxyDNS with your your VPN, GeoShift, or proxy settings, but not while watching BBC iPlayer.
You MUST turn off your VPN, GeoShift, and proxy settings while watching BBC iplayer (THIS IS EXACTLY THE OPPOSITE OF WHAT YOU ARE USED TO DOING!) You should turn on your VPN, GeoShift, or proxy settings when you want to watch ITV, Channel 4, Sky, and others OR you need the privacy/security of a VPN or proxy server (like at public wifi).
Make sure you are not connected to VPN/proxy if you want to wantch BBC iPlayer.
1. Click the Settings icon.
2. Click on Wi-Fi. Make sure your Mobile Data is turned off.
3. For your active Wi-Fi connection press the shown pictogram. In this example the Wi-Fi network is called Chime, it will be different for you
4. Scroll down to DNS and press Configure DNS.
5. Select Manual, remove all DNS servers addresses by pressing red (-) pictogram next to each DNS server address. There should be no DNS servers addresses specified after that.
6. Press Add Server and enter new FoxyDNS server address 220.127.116.11 and then tap Save.
7. REBOOT/RESTART/Turn Off and On your iOS device. *This is required*
8. After reboot once your iOS device gets connected to the Wi-Fi with FoxyDNS it will show a pop-up window with address ( https://help.foxydns.com )
After login with your Username and Password, your IP address is white listed for use with FoxyDNS.
That’s it — you can now watch BBC
1. If your IP address changes (for example, you use a new WiFi connection), you will be redirected to the page ( https://help.foxydns.com ) again to login. This is normal. If you cannot get past the login page for some reason, please be sure you are using the correct username/password. Also be sure to entirely close your browser and restart, and clear your browser’s cache if you continue to get the login page.
2. Your geo-location should NOT say UK. Your read that correctly: when checking your geo-location like at https://getfoxyproxy.org/geoip or other sites, it should display your real country, not UK.
3. To watch ITV, Channel 4 or 5, Netflix, Sky, etc: Turn on VPN, GeoShift, or proxy settings. Do not change FoxyDNS. Leave it set to 18.104.22.168.
4. Make sure your Mobile Data is turned off.
TIPS IF IT’S NOT WORKING AFTER THE ABOVE
1. Please be absolutely certain there is only **one** DNS entry on your system: 22.214.171.124. You must be certain that no others are specified. BBC iPlayer will not work if you have more than one DNS server listed.
2. Please clear browser cookies and cache. This is because BBC iPlayer may cache your location in the browser so next time you visit, it will assume you are in the location you were in before. Only by clearing browser cache and cookies can you force it to re-detect you.
3. If all else fails, please reply with the IP address displayed at https://help.foxydns.com/ (it’s after “We don’t recognize you!”)
4. Remember to keep using your VPN/proxy to protect your privacy when using public wifi (although you can’t watch BBC iplayer at the same time the VPN/proxy is turned on)
Turn off FoxyDNS
If your FoxyProxy account expires, FoxyDNS will stop working for you and you won’t be able to navigate the web. You should remove FoxyDNS when that happens. Here is how.
Follow the instructions above to step 6.
Remove the FoxyDNS entry add DNS of your choice. For example, 126.96.36.199 is GoogleDNS. Other choices are 188.8.131.52 or 184.108.40.206. Or you can just remove the FoxyDNS entry and select Automatic.
Reboot your iPhone/iPad. After the reboot, FoxyDNS is deactivated.